2004

AV14 Clos d'Englora Montsant DO

Syrah, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Grenache

This product is not available in your delivery area.

Wine information

Region

Katalonien, Spain

Grape

Syrah, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Grenache

Vintage

2004

Goes well with

Meat dishes and well seasoned dishes

Degustation notes

Very dark ruby colour, a seductive and varied mint nose, sour cherries, alcohol infused fruit, cassis, leather, vanilla and coconut, fresh on the attack in a flurry of fruit, beautiful fruity concentration with well coated tannins, decorated with tobacco notes, acomplex structure and long finish.

Special notes

The Clos Englora owes its name to a landmark summit in the Montsant mountain range, which rises to 1000 meters. Our logo is an abstract, personal representation of this peak. The AV14 nomenclature means that the grapes come from old vines, the number 14 refers to the average length of wine's barrel maturation. Each variety is aged separately in oak barrels of which the origin and the degree of heating are the most appropriate. The maturation period is 14 months for Garnacha Negra and Cariñena grapes and 20 months for other varieties. Le Clos Englora AV14 is not subject to any treatment, stabilization or filtration. 86% of the maturing casks used are from the Tronçais forest in the Allier (center of France), and the remaining 14% are American oak from Tennessee. All are between 0 and 1 year old. The grapes come from old vines; the Garnacha vines are 70 years old, the Cariñena vines are 50 years old and the other varieties are about 25 years old. The yield per hectare is very low: 0.5 kg per vine for Garnacha and Cariñena, and 1.5-2 kg for the other varieties.

Alcohol content

14.0%

Drinking temperature

16-18°C

Original packaging

Box of 6

Stopper

Natural cork

Finishing process

Oak cask 225 l

Ratings

Average rating: 4.0 of 5 6 ratings and 0 reviews